Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress report

Hot and humid night in Chicago. Very hot. Very humid.

Some minor progress to report. I am in the very tedious stage of completing several units of Napoleonic French and Austrians. The very final touches - barrels of guns, plumes, pouches - can be a very slow going, and I chug along for most of the evening doing a relatively lackluster work, which hopefully will pay off later when these units will be completed and battle-ready.

Fortunately, I have a good news to report. IR 60 Graf Gyulai is ready! Twelve deliciously painted miniatures in their Hungarian uniform, helmet, and Stahlgrun facings. Here a pic - tomorrow the official "basing" ceremony.

And here's a nice close-up. For once, I was not horrified to look at my paint job up close. Maybe I'm getting there...

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...the secret is simplicity - the less detail you paint the less there is to go wrong - leastways that's what I've found! ;o))

..very nice figures!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

They're looking great!

Best Regards,

Stokes