Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Belated happy birthday!

Belated happy birthday to Bluebear Jeff, who hit the big six-oh on June 19th!

Jeff holds the undisputable honor to have provided the first comment in my blog, on the previous post about wargaming the 18th century. He made several good recommendations about blogs focused on the 18th century. Thank you, I really appreciated!

He has a blog, too, which I warm-heartedly recommend. It seems that a jolly group of gamers up in British Columbia are enjoying a hell of a time in an imaginary European campaign, circa 1750 (?), fought with beautifully painted miniatures.

Jeff's blog contains a lot of very useful information, and some great tips. I was particularly interested in what he has to say about painting horses. I am always interested in new ways to speed up painting, and he seems to have an effective solution to paint cavalry quickly. I have yet to excel in "washings", but this is just a matter of practice. I have a few Galla horsemen for my Abyssinian army in the pipeline, and I may give Jeff's suggestions a try.

1 comment:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Adolfo,

I'm glad that you have enjoyed my blog. There are many more good ones focusing on the 18th century. In fact the "Emperor vs Elector" group blog has about 50 members who primarily focus on the 18th century:

http://emperor-elector.blogspot.com/

Just click on the member links posted on the right side and you'll find many interesting blogs . . . not all of which are that active, but many are.

If you end up wishing to join us, email me at . . . bluebear@uniserve.com . . . and I'll see that you get an invitation to join.

Now, about the painting of horses . . . remember that the key to my system is that the horse has enough color variation that the eye just accepts it and focuses on the RIDER . . . so pick units that have a good contrast to the horse color . . . and have fun.


-- Jeff