Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Saxe-Meiningen and the Abermarle regiments

As promised, today I can share a few pictures I took early this evening. First batch, it's the two red-clad regiments of Electoral Palatinate, the Saxe-Meiningen Regiment, and the Irish in French service Abermarle Regiment. The former can be recognized for the green trousers, while the latter shows green vest and red trousers/stockings.
In both cases, I painted the drummers in reverse colors. These figures are 15mm by Essex.
The first pic shows the two units on sticks.

I put some extra attention to the officers, standard bearers and drummers, and I am quite satisfied by the result, shown in the next picture.

Now a closer shot of the drummers.

And finally, a detail from the Abermarle Irish unit.

As usual, magnified pictures tend to exacerbate the little errors on 15mm figures, but overall I am quite happy of he outcomes. Next, I will apply the "magic dip", and finally I will paint the shows after the figures will be based. Still some work to do, but so far, so good!

3 comments:

Capt Bill said...

I wonder how close these essex figure compare to the old minifig 15's?

Bluebear Jeff said...

I like these . . . of course our Saxe-Bearstein infantry is red-coated as well.


-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Nice work Adik - I look forward to seeing them after the dip...

Captain Bill - check my WSS Project page - in particular here:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_EkwLNxL4tkE/RwIyWXc9ViI/AAAAAAAAAhI/fGnUuKJ45cU/s400/Compare_Front.jpg

...for the answer to your question - there are other comparisons on the page as well.